|Combine your mind body and spirit through physical exercise. Yoga enhances your muscular strength, flexibility, endurance, balance and blood circulation while cleansing the body of unwanted toxins. All of our classes are tailored to all levels of experience. A typical yoga session includes “Sun Salutations” which warms up the body, followed by a series and standing and seated poses, and end with a reward of “Savasana”, a complete relaxation pose. Registration online is recommended.
| Classes include:
- NEW – Hot Yoga: Enjoy yoga in a heated room to strengthen and stretch your body. The heated room warms your muscles in order to work deeper and gain more range of motion.
Class is recommended for beginners or those looking for a gentle class.
- Core Yoga: Enjoy the benefits of flowing both yoga and pilates together in one class.
- Strength Yoga: Strength, stamina and stability! This class is a faster pace, strength based class emphasizing the unity of breath and movement. Following the Ashtanga series of Sun Salutations and focusing on core strength (not just your abdominal muscles) this class will make you sweat, challenge you strength and clear your mind.
- Hatha: Deepen the breath, stretch, relax and refresh, in this easy-to-follow Hatha class. You will discover how to move your body safely in and out of poses and how to connect your breath with your body, enabling you to move deeper into your practice. This class includes a component of meditation and relaxation.
- Sunrise Yoga: Start your morning with this invigorating flow yoga. We will salute the sun and welcome the day with open hearts and clear minds.
- Tykes Itsy Bitsy Yoga®: For toddlers, 21 months to 4 years old, and their parent/caregiver. The class offers developmentally-centered yoga poses, songs, and games that encourage parents/caregivers and their children to deepen the bond they began at birth. This 45-minute class is personalized to meet the interests of the children as they learn yoga through social interactions, repetition, and play. Pre-registered classes only – For more information on Itsy Bitsy Yoga® style of yoga visit www.itsybitsyyoga.com.
- Prenatal Yoga: A gentle and flowing class for pregnant women. We focus on postures that support, tone, and strengthen the pregnant body. We also work on abdominal and pelvic floor toning, and breathing techniques to aid in the labor and birth experience. Prenatal yoga helps alleviate some of the discomforts of pregnancy, such as backache and ankle swelling. Prenatal yoga is appropriate for women new to yoga and experienced students. Recommended for the 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
| Benefits of Yoga include:
- Increasing flexibility – yoga has positions that act upon the various joints of the body including those joints that are never really on the ‘radar screen’ let alone exercised
- Increasing lubrication of the joints, ligaments and tendons – likewise, the well-researched yoga positions exercise the different tendons and ligaments of the body
- Massaging of all organs of the body – Yoga is perhaps the only form of activity which massages all the internal glands and organs of the body in a thorough manner
- Complete detoxification – By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body
- Excellent toning of the muscles – Muscles that have become flaccid, weak or slothy are stimulated repeatedly to shed excess flab and flaccidity.
- Can also help reduce the frequency of migraine headaches,
- Can decrease depression, anger and anxiety